Like last year, 2011 promises to be an exciting year for all PS3 Owners. We shall be examining the top ten PS3 games scheduled for release on the PlayStation 3 console or downloadable from the PSN network in 2011. We shall also be highlighting if these titles are PS3 exclusive and compatible with the PS3 Move Controller.
1. Dead Space 2: Dead Space 2 is a hardcore sci-fi horror title. The sequel witnesses the return of astro engineer Isaac Clarke who has landed slap bang in another alien territory called the Sprawl. Isaac must now contend with this new wave of aliens. The video game is due to be released on the 25th of January in the US and 28th of January in the UK. Dead Space 2 will be limited edition and will come packaged with Dead Space: Extraction as a PlayStation Move game title.
2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Bethesda is promising a brand new engine for this latest installment of the game. The story line for this sequel appears to be a continuation of the previous series and will involve gamers playing the role of the last dragonborn in the race to save mankind from the hands of the dragons. We cannot confirm at this stage if this rpg series will be compatible with the PS3 Move.
3. Deus Ex:Human Revolution: This action RGP game is promising to be a hit following a less well received prequel. Deus Ex:Human Revolution centres around a cybernetically augmented man Adam Jensen who battles against other androidy types in a multiple plot conspiracy. The game is scheduled to be released in April 2011
4. LittleBigPlanet 2: is a puzzle platformer video game released in January 2011 and was developed by Media Molecule. This latest installment in the series of the game centres around the ability of players to create levels and mini games. LittleBigPlanet 2 features some new creative tools and is a PS3 Move compatible game.
5. Killzone 3: Killzone 3 is a first person shooter game that will be available on the 22nd of February 2011. The game is developed by Guerrilla Games and Zipper Interactive and PlayStation has confirmed that you will hit the ground running with this one. You will be able to play Killzone 3 on a 3D TV with a PS3 Move controller.
6. Infamous 2: Infamous 2 is developed by Sucker Punch Productions for PlayStation. The game is a sequel to the previous titles released in 2009 and follows the events of Infamous. Infamous 2 centres around Cole MacGrath and his war with the Militia and the Beast in a new city called New Marais. Infamous 2 is a PS3 Move compatible game due to be released in 2011.
7. Uncharted 3: The third installment in this series of third person shooter video game and focuses on Nathan Drakes' search for the lost city "Atlantis of the Sands" and his battle for survival. You will be able to play this exclusive PS3 title in 3D. Game will feature two multiplayer modes: co-op and competitive and some new locations. The game will support PlayStation's PS3 Move controller.
8. SOCOM 4: SOCOM 4 is a third person shooter video game exclusive to the PlayStation platform. SOCOM 4 like the prequel will be focusing on online multiplayer play however unlike previous series there is the introduction of a single player mode. Gamers will be leading a five man special NATO forces squad to rescue control of the worlds' important waterways from the hands of a revolutionary army bent on destroying the global economy. SOCOM 4 is compatible with your PS3 Move controller and scheduled to be released in the first quarter of 2011.
9. Dragon Age 2: Dragon Age 2 is a Role Play Game and sequel to the 2009 game of the year. Players will play the role of Hawke, a refuge who rises to the position of prominence in the world of Dragon Age. The game is developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts. Dragon Age 2 is scheduled for release in March 2011 and compatible with your PS3 Move controller.
10 Mass Effect 3: Players will expect to play the role of Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine tasked with taking the Earth back from the hands of aliens who are bent on wiping out the entire human race. The game is developed by BioWare and will be released in the fourth quarter of 2011. Mass Effect 3 supports PS3 Move.
2011 is promising to be an exciting year for all PS3 owners. If you thought last year was great, these anticipated PS3 titles are bound to set the bar further higher. These in our opinion are the top ten PS games to be on the look out for in 2011.